Introduction into Forrest Yoga:
Forrest Yoga is a combination of therapeutic poses and flows. The movements are specifically designed to address the stresses and pains of modern day life, such as lower back tightness, shoulder pains and neck aches. We will focus particularly on strengthening the core, relaxing the neck and using our breath to open up physical and emotional tightness in our bodies. The poses have been carefully selected from traditional yoga styles, such as Hatha and Vinyasa, and/or were developed by the creatix Ana Forrest herself.
Forrest Yoga does not require strength or flexibility; it only requires a willingness to learn how to feel authentically and respond honestly. Besides the therapeutic effect it has on your physical body, Forrest Yoga also teaches you to go deeper to find your true self and encourages you to take these gifts you have earned beyond the mat and into the rest of your life.
The practice of Forrest Yoga is based on four – so-called – pillars:
- we will teach you how to breathe deeply
- feel the connection with your body
- using the power of breath to bring aliveness to our body
- we will teach you to connect to your core, to be strong and centred
- develop skills to improve yourself
- free your body from toxins through deep breathing techniques
- we will teach you how to tailor each pose to your body
- you can tailor (with our support) each pose to physical or emotional injuries
- work honestly and develop effective tools to improve yourself and deal with your fears and problems
- this enables integrity, self-awareness and playful curiosity to become part of your daily life